iShares Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) have long been embraced by institutional investors for their liquidity, flexibility and diversification opportunities. Learn more about why 9 out of 10 institutional investors choose iShares for their ETFs¹.
- Asset Managers
- Bank Treasury
- ETF Investment Strategists
- Insurance Companies
- Pensions, Foundations and Endowments
- Registered Investment Advisors
iShares offers our clients more than just ETFs. Our dedicated institutional services team provides education, consulting, thought leadership and best execution guidance.
ETF Education: iShares.com provides a library of content to help educate institutional investors on the benefits, structure and strategies behind ETFs, including tools, demonstrations, videos, market commentary and insights.
Product & Investment Consulting: Designed to help you address a wide range of services, the dedicated Institutional iShares team provides asset allocation and blending analytics, firm-specific risk management, objective insights regarding iShares and other investment products, and detailed product comparison analysis.
To reach this team, please call 1-800-743-9285.
Thought Leadership: the BlackRock Investment Institute (BII) is a global platform that leverages BlackRock’s expertise in markets, asset classes and client segments, and delivers research and insights that iShares clients may utilize.
Best Execution Trading Guidance: The iShares Capital Markets team provides trading guidance and works continuously with market makers, authorized participants (APs) and exchanges to tap into greater liquidity and achieve tighter spreads on institutional-sized trades.
To reach this team, please call 415-670-7091.
Institutional uses of ETFs²
Institutions which were once using ETFs solely for transitions or rebalancing are now using them for increasingly strategic purposes with longer holding periods, such as liquidity overlay strategies.
- Source: 2012 Greenwich Associates – U.S. ETF Research. Base: 62 pensions, foundations and endowments using ETF’s between Feb and Apr 2012; nearly 90% (89%) use iShares, compared to 60%, 47% and 40%, that use other ETF providers.
- Source: 2012 Greenwich Associates – US ETF Research. Base: 62 pensions, foundations and endowments. Interviews conducted between February and April 2012.