Paying less in taxes means more money in your pocket
In a low return environment, every dollar counts. Now more than ever, it’s important for investors to consider tax efficiency in building a portfolio.
iShares ETFs help you keep more of what you earn
- year track record of tax efficiency for the iShares fund family
- of iShares ETFs did not pay capital gains in 2012
- iShares ETFs have never paid a capital gain
Source: BlackRock, 2012
Find out more about what tax-efficient iShares ETFs can do for your portfolio
The Long Term Impact
- See below for an example of the long term impact of taxes, where an investor could have paid over $5,000 in taxes by Year 5.
- Capital gains taxes alone can cause significant damage. If a fund pays a $10,000 distribution to you, you could owe between $1,500 to $3,500 in taxes.
- For many investors, that could be an expense they didn’t expect and one they can’t afford.
Hypothetical example – not indicative of any investment or portfolio. Information should not be relied upon as research, investment advice or a recommendation. Strictly for illustrative and educational purposes.